Something a little different this time.
- Many villagers in some remote region are hand picking the coffee beans
- There are people who stare at monitors all day long to ensure the water treatment facility is delivering clean water to my barista
- A software developer helped write the interface to the POS system that allows me to be charged for a Venti Americano
- Another software developer helped to write the uplink contract between POS and credit processing centers which allows me to pay by credit card
- If the manufacturer of the lids has a defect and does not adhere to quality control, I will end up with coffee stains on my $60 shirt
- Someone drove hundreds of miles across open highways to deliver the coffee beans to my barista
- Assuming the beans actually come from the region by which they are named, a brave sea captain piloted a vessel across open waters to deliver the beans to a distribution center
- The inventor of the modern day espresso machine should get props
- On the rare occasion I add dairy products to my beverage of choice, the dairy farmer cannot go without thanks
- The wonderful baristas I’ve met at so many coffee shops across the continent aim to please each and every patron
So, you see, $3.00 for a cup of coffee is actually pretty cheap considering.
This weeks tunage:
- Gold Guns Girls by Metric
- Ready to Start by Arcade Fire
- Let’s Do the Time Warp Again from RHPS
- Snuff by Slipknot
Stay tuned for 2010 10 things, coming soon!